Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Minus 10 Passed By Observations

Nature is how we survive. It starts the food chain. Gives us air to breathe. Food to eat. Water to drink. But it's oh-so-much-more than just that! Nature provides us with breathtakingly beautiful sunsets. A rainbow brightening the sky before the last storm cloud has left. Nature gives us animals so fierce and also so fragile. Nature provides countless designs of plants and trees and grasses.

We are surrounded by nature so much so that sometimes we simply pass it by.

This week's challenge will be to notice Minus 10 Passed By Observations and instead, really note them. Write them down. Take a photo. What did you see this week? What did you really see?

A flower pushing its way through the cracked concrete of an old, desearted warehouse.

A flock of starlings performing their intricate symphony of flight.

A lone oak tree standing in the middle of a freshly plowed field.

Drops of dew, covering a lawn like a thousand sparkling diamonds.

The chorus of frogs on a hot, steamy summer night.

A field of wheat, waving good morning on your drive to work.

A reddish egret performing its frenetic fishing dance.

A great blue heron capturing a fish with skilled precision and finesse.

A quiet hiking trail blanketed with discarded pine needles.

A giant panda bear, slowly rocking her cub to sleep.


I can't wait to hear what you discover....

1 comment:

  1. Ooh - I'm good at this one. I love looking at the wildflowers along the roadside while I'm out on my (almost) daily walks. I also love the way sunlight (particularly at sunset) hits the clouds and makes them look like mountains. When I find them, I love to watch ants interact with each other and the things around them...as long as they're not in my home. Since I don't have the money to go out and see the big things, I enjoy as much as I can in the free things around me. :)

    ReplyDelete